Volunteer Firefighter/EMT Jobs
The Snoqualmie Fire Department accepts applications for those interesting in volunteering as a firefighter or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Residing within a fifteen-minute drive of Snoqualmie city limits is preferred (but not required).
- Demonstrate you have the skills to function as a volunteer firefighter EMT.
- No experience required - training will be provided.
- Submit to and complete the testing process.
- Written Test – You must pass at 70% or above.
- Physical Agility Test – Pass/Fail.
- Oral Board – Pass/Fail.
- Background and Driving Abstract Check – Pass/Fail.
- Medical physical and drug screening.
- Attend drill 2-3 times a month (Wednesdays 7-10 p.m.).
- Minimum of seven 12-hour duty shifts per quarter.
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours of community service.
All volunteer personnel must attend a three-month EMT training course and work as an emergency medical responder for a minimum of six months. After completing these requirements, volunteers are eligible to attend a recruit firefighting academy, which is also a three-month commitment.
How to Apply
Complete the volunteer application.
Submit the application via email to Snoqualmie Fire Department, 37600 SE Snoqualmie Parkway, Snoqualmie, WA 98065; or email a PDF to email@example.com; or drop it off at the Fire Station.
If you have questions or would like a tour of the fire station, give us a call at 425-888-1551.