Roles and Responsibilities
The City Clerk is an unbiased public servant who promotes open government and transparency of information by providing a link between residents and government. The position of City Clerk is a statutory position required by State law.
The City Clerk’s Office documents democracy by authenticating, recording, and maintaining the City’s official legislative acts. It assures compliance with legal requirements for Washington State municipalities, including the accuracy, organization, accessibility and protection of all essential public records. The Clerk's office is a valuable public information center.
The City Clerk's office provides a variety of services that support the mayor, city council, city departments, and the residents of Snoqualmie including:
- Provides administrative support for the Mayor and City Administrator.
- Coordinates with city departments to prepare materials for City Council Meetings.
- Prepares & Publishes City Council and Council Committee meeting agenda packets and takes meeting minutes.
- Provides public notification of special City Council meetings.
- Maintains official documents, including ordinances and resolutions.
- Facilitates compliance with open public meeting laws.
- Manages the City's comprehensive record management systems to include retention, archiving, destruction and disposition of City records as required by the Public Records Act.
- Manages and responds to public records requests
- Manages the City's boards and commissions recruitment process to fill a variety of positions.
- Serves as liaison to King County concerning elections and voter registration.
Claims for Damages
Claims may be submitted during regular business hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays and other posted closures. The City Clerk's office is located at Snoqualmie City Hall, 38624 SE River Street, Snoqualmie, Washington 98065. Phone inquiries may be directed to 425-888-8016.
Please note - The City Hall Lobby is open Tuesday through Thursday, from 10 am to 2 pm. Please make an appointment by calling or emailing the City Clerk.
Meet the City Clerk, Deborah Estrada.