Human Services Advisory Committee
The City of Snoqualmie assigns a portion of its biennial budget to provide aid for residents in need. Human services are often provided directly by larger municipalities, however, the City of Snoqualmie contracts with community organizations to provide human services because the City does not employ staff with expertise in these areas.
The Human Services Advisory Committee works with staff to identify and prioritize funding needs in the community, administer the funding application process, recommend budget allocations to the City Council, and review accountability reports from human services organizations to ensure efficient use of City funds. The Human Services Advisory Committee is different from the City's other Commissions as it is a special advisory committee to the Mayor as opposed to being a Council Commission.
2023-2023 Human Services Budget
The City allocated $290,315 to Human Services organizations in 2023 and $298,630 in 2024 for a total of $588,945 in the biennium.
- Food to Eat and a Roof Overhead
- Supporting and Preparing Youth for Success
- A Safe Haven from Violence and Abuse
- Physical and Mental Wellness; and Healthy Aging
The City has service agreements with the following organizations to provide Human Services in 2023-2024:
- CarePoint Clinic
- Empower Youth Network
- Encompass Northwest
- Friends of Youth
- Helping Hands Ministry
- Mamma’s Hands
- Mt. Si Senior Center
- Si View Community Foundation
- Snoqualmie Valley Food Bank
- Snoqualmie Valley Shelter Services
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- The Trail Youth
The Human Services Advisory Committee meets on an as-needed basis and the meetings are not available to the public. The Human Services Advisory Committee's funding recommendations are presented at regular Community Development Committee meetings and City Council meetings.
Advisory Committee Members
- Carol Peterson, Position 1, Term Expires 03/12/2024
- Sara Weisel, Position 2, Term Expires 03/12/2024
- Jennifer Bragg, Position 3, Term Expires 03/12/2024
City Council Liaison: Councilmember James Mayhew
Staff Liaison: Carson Hornsby | Management Analyst | 425-888-1555 ext. 1110