Recognition of Snoqualmie's Commitment to Environmental Sustainability
- Awarded the King County-Cities Climate Collaboration, a 2016 Climate Leadership Award in the category of Innovative Partnerships by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This award recognizes organizations working collaboratively on leading edge climate initiatives to address greenhouse gas reduction goals and adaptation and resilience activities.
- Proclaimed by Washington Governor Jay Inslee as a Northwest Solar Community in 2016, acknowledging its initiatives in increasing residential solar installations through solar education and adoption of best practices.
- Honored with a 2015 Municipal Excellence Award from the Association of Washington Cities. Through the Solarize Snoqualmie campaign, the City of Snoqualmie added 47 residential solar panel installations in Snoqualmie and North Bend, earning the “Making a Difference in your Environment” category award. Out of more than 50 entries, Snoqualmie’s entry was one of five projects in Washington State selected to receive this award.
- Named the “2015 Tree City USA” by the Arbor Day Foundation for the city’s commitment to effective urban forest management.
- Honored with the “Tree City USA Growth Award” in 2015 for demonstrating environmental improvement and a higher level of tree care.